Friday 4 January 2013

"God of gods, Lord of lords, and King of kings!"

There is much in Scripture that talks about the greatness of our God. Yet the more I look into the Word of God to commune and learn more about the awe and wonder of the Mighty God I serve, I begin to realize I know so little about His Majesty and Greatness. In this blog I am going to briefly look at Psalm 136: 2-3. My focus will be on the phrases "God of gods,...Lord of lords." (see also Deut. 10: 17; Josh. 22: 22; Dan. 2: 47).

To begin with, there is a third cuplet that needs to be added to Psalm 136. That cuplet reminds us that He is also "King of kings" (1 Tim. 6: 15; Rev. 17: 14; 19: 16). First, we see in these three titles of our great God that as "GOD" He is Creator of all things; as "LORD" He is the Supreme Authority over all authorities; as "KING" He is the Righteous Ruler over all things. Second, all three titles belong to the Lord Jesus Christ. Thirdly, the terms "God, Lord, and King" relates to the triune nature of God.

(GOD willing, I will continue this blog in the next day or two...)

No comments:

Post a Comment