Thursday 27 April 2017

GOD'S HOLINESS AND IT'S INFLUENCE



“Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?” 
(Exodus 15:11, ESV).


The Lord is absolutely Holy, there is no spot of sin in Him. Because He is Holy, His presence has a profound effect upon us. We can’t help but be changed and transformed by His very presence. When we spend time alone with our Lord in prayer, His Word, and meditation, like a search light in the darkness, His Holy presence exposes and convicts us of sin, as well as humble us to our need of God’s help. There are a few Biblical saints as well as non-believers who were affected by God’s Holy presence. Job said, “I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:5-6, ESV); Asaph realized, “until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end.” (Psalm 73:17, ESV); Isaiah proclaimed, “And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!” (Isa. 6:5, ESV); Peter cried, “But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.” (Luke 5:8, ESV); even the officers were affected, when they said, The officers answered, “No one ever spoke like this man!”  (John 7:46, ESV); Pilate declared, “See, I am bringing him out to you that you may know that I find no guilt in him.”  (John 19:4, 6, ESV); and Peter and John’s boldness, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.” (Acts 4:13, ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment